Grace Baptist Mission’s annual mission’s day on 25th Oct 2014:
The 2014 missions day was held in Euston, Central London at the large and elegant Friends House. Above is a panoramic photograph of the large auditorium just before it got filled to capacity as Christians from all over England came to hear of missionary endeavors. Despite saddening news from the Middle East of civil unrest and extreme violence towards Christians, there were exciting reports of new believers still coming to faith in Christ in lands far beyond the shores of the British isles that warmed our hearts. However the immense challenge of many more yet who have not even heard the gospel still remains a looming need. There is still a lot of work to be done in the fields and there are great needs to be prayed for. Here are some of the prayer requests and below are a few photos from the mission day:
- GMB Mission Coordinator exhorted and reminded believers with a message from Col 1:6 where Paul encourages us with the truth that ‘all over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing’.
- Missionary to Poland: Andrzej Kempczynski reported how catechism was solidifying discipleship; however requests prayer for helpers in church work, good health and more conversions.
- GBM radio prayer requests for contacts in Ebola affected areas. Pray that the radio programmes will help pastors out in remote parts who do not have easy access to Bibles or Bible study material.
- Missionary to Brazil:Jason Murfitt reported of converts in Amazonian basins and creeks among people groups who were once cannibals; however requests prayer for more field workers and wisdom in reaching many more people through the creek and river evangelism outreaches.
- Missionaries to Kenya: Graham and Sally Jones request prayers as they consider evangelising highland areas and for more missionaries. The rousing prayer cry from Nairobi seems to be ‘come over and help us’.
- Missionaries to China: Some good progress as interest in gospel and bible study takes root.
- Missionary from Paris, France: Hannah Prior ministers among women leading Biblestudies; requested prayers for lasting fruit among students and young people from around the world who have come to hear the gospel while in Paris.
May God make more churches sending churches; a church that sends or supports a missionary makes an immense investment in the kingdom of God.
We look forward to the next GBM Annual Missions day in October 2015 when all roads will lead to Solihull, Birmingham if the Lord tarries.