Welcome to Fryerns Baptist Church’s website! We are delighted to have this opportunity to introduce you to the ministry here in Basildon, Essex.
New to the church or area and want to know more? Click here.
News and church events:
- 24th October – Grace Baptist Mission (GBM) formed in 1863 but now the mission organisation will have its very first ever virtual annual day. For details on how to join in via Zoom, Facebook and Youtube go here…
- 26th September – Christian Prison Resourcing (CPR) had their virtual annual day on Saturday – 26th September 3pm to 4.30pm. God is still changing lives even in the prisons, detention centres and juvenile institutes.
- Mission Aviation Fellowship celebrated 75 years of flying for life. Here is what they did during the 2020 pandemic.
9th May – Milgrove children’s home open day was recorded and here is the link.
In line with the recent church risk assessment to reduce Covid-19 transmission within the church as we regather on Sun 02 August:
- Please do not come to church if you have unexplained fever or symptoms of suspected covid-19.
- Those over 70 years and those medically vulnerable are advised to heed health guidance in line with government guidance not to attend face to face mass meetings (for the time being).
- Please let us know you intend to attend so that an appropriate seat or seats are reserved for you or family. Email: email@example.com
- Ensure you arrive early (from 10.30 am) and should follow the one-way traffic system in place.
- You will be expected to wear a facial covering/mask and use available hand sanitisers at entrance/exit sites.
- Current guidance – on safe use of worship places – released 29th June 2020.
- To join in with other worshippers for online ZOOM video conferencing for either bible study on Wednesdays at 7.30pm or Sunday worship at 11am please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Recorded sermons will still be available for listening and downloading – Go here.
- MISSIONS SUNDAY: Focusing on mission this year we have created a special mission page. Go here or click on image above.
- Online resources – Sermons of 2020, Sermons of 2019, SERMONS of 2018, SERMONS of 2017 and earlier SERMONS HERE on-line or listen to some testimonies or follow us on Facebook!
Looking back :
- Fryerns Baptist Church – announcement our beloved church member Mr Harry Huyton went to be with the Lord (August 2020). Click for more here.
- Teen Challenge visited Fryerns on Sun 8th March 2020 – Here is the testimony of George a young man who came to faith in Christ and was able to kick addiction to drugs and overcome struggles of a difficult childhood. Andy an engineer shares of hope he found in Christ and a love for the Bible that came when he came across Teen Challenge while struggling with additction. Link to Teen Challenge here.
- On 28th Feb – our dear sister in Christ – Eleanor Jones (wife) to our pastor Ben Jones went to be with the Lord. The church leadership thanks all friends and family members who attended Eleanor’s memorial and thanksgiving service on Saturday 14th March 2020. The church will continue to stand shoulder to shoulder with the pastor and his family – we thank you for your support and prayers.
- CHRISTIAN INSTITUTE was at Fryerns Baptist Church and presented a talk: Identity matters -who am I? – Wed 4th March 2020.
- Mother and toddler group “BABY STEPS” is every Tuesday at 8.45am to 11am during term time only.
- We will be praying for and supporting Christian Prison’s Resourcing (CPR) on their annual day this year – 3pm on Sat 25th April 2020 at Elmstead Baptist Church, Elmstead Lane, Chislehurst, Kent BR7 5EW. If you would like to know what God is doing in prions, detention and correction facilities click here.
- Mission Sunday on Sun 26th April 2020 – 11am speaker – Andrew Cook from Grace Baptist Mission (GBM) radio ministry. This will be followed by a bring and share lunch dinner plus an early afternoon service at 3pm led by Keith White (Milgrove Childrens Home).
- Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) – 75th anniversary will be in London this year on 20th June 2020 at West Minster Central Hall starting at 3pm. Get tickets for the event – See link here.
- Ladies fellowship – Every Thursday at 2pm.
- Youth group meetings for 11 year olds and teenagers – every two weeks on Fridays at 7.30pm. Check in church for details.
- Fryerns Baptist Church featured in Evangelical Times -Link Here.
- Ever wondered what the artwork or mural at the entrance of Fryerns Baptist Church depicts?
- You can also listen to our Sermons of 2019, SERMONS of 2018, SERMONS of 2017 and earlier SERMONS HERE on-line or listen to some testimonies or follow us on Facebook!
FOCUS ON MISSION:
- Mission video evenings are usually on particular Wednesdays every other month. Every one is welcome! Check at church for the next video evening.
- Proclamation Institute Zambia with some great news of God’s grace in Africa. Link.
- Message from our Pastor Ben Jones on what Fryerns Baptist Church is all about. Go here.
- Latest Missions news and updates.
- Are you curious about Christianity?
Fryerns Baptist church now runs Christianity Explored – an informal discussion group meeting – come along and join in or ask questions. Further details can be got on Sunday mornings after the 11am service.
- Youth group meetings -For over 11 year olds. Meetings take place twice a month on Fridays. New youngsters are welcome! (Get details from church on Sundays) –>Sunday school page!
- Fryerns Baptist Church is committed to supporting parents and families. We are committed to the nurturing, protection and safeguarding of children and young people. (A copy of our full policy can be seen at the church office)
- Million dollar question: Are you a good person? Have look at the video below to see how good you really are.
- We are on Facebook! Click link below.
Data protection notice: Fryerns Baptist Church complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. A copy of our full policy is available on request at the premises.