Welcome to Fryerns Baptist Church’s website! We are delighted to have this opportunity to introduce you to the ministry here in Basildon, Essex.
Who are we? You can find more about ourselves by visiting Who we are or you can learn a bit about What we Believe also. You can also listen to our Sermons of 2019, SERMONS of 2018, SERMONS of 2017 and earlier SERMONS HERE on-line or listen to some testimonies or follow us on Facebook!
How about Sunday school? We do have family worship services as well as Sunday school. Well, If you’re aged 2-11 then you’re welcome to join Sunday School! This takes place during Sunday morning services. All children are very welcome!!!
Teachers and children usually leave the service during the third hymn and rejoin parents afterwards.
Youth group meetings for 11 year olds and teenagers – every two weeks on Fridays. Check in church for details.
Visitors: Welcome to our church. Our Sunday services usually begin at 11:00am. It would be great to see you – whether you’re local or a holidaymaker or just curious about Christianity or the things of God. We are Wheel chair accessible and have an induction loop system for the hearing impaired (use your T-switch in the church auditorium). We sing both contemporary and traditional hymns – most are taken from the Mission Praise hymn and worship song book.
Everyone is welcome and remember to introduce yourself as a visitor and please stay for a special cup of hot Fryerns tea or coffee after the morning service!
News and church events:
- Good Friday Service 10.30am on 19th April.
- Easter Sunday Special Baptism service at 11am on 21st April. (No evening service on Easter)
- A new mother and toddler group “BABY STEPS” will be launched at 8.45am on Tues 30th April.
- Milgrove children’s home annual day on 11th May at Woodford, London. (For venue see link here)
- Church members meeting 8th June.
- Bring and share church lunch 9th June.
- Church Summer outing Saturday 20th July.
- Summer cleaning (work party) 10th August.
- Bring and share church lunch Sunday 8th September.
- Church members meeting Sat 14th september.
- Association (AGBCSE) AGM Sat 5th October. Link Here.
- Harvest festival Sunday 6th October.
- GBM annual mission day Sat 26th October. Link Here.
- Autumn cleaning (work party) Sat 9th November.
- Church members meeting Sat 23rd November.
- CHRISTMAS bring and share dinner party Sat 7th December.
- Christmas candlelight carols 22nd December.
FOCUS ON MISSION:
- Mission video evenings are usually on particular Wednesdays every other month. Every one is welcome! Check at church for the next video evening.
- Proclamation Institute Zambia with some great news of God’s grace in Africa. Link.
- Message from our Pastor Ben Jones on what Fryerns Baptist Church is all about. Go here.
- Ladies fellowship – Every Thursday at 2pm.
- Youth group meetings for 11 year olds and teenagers – every two weeks. Check in church for details.
- ** Upcoming events and activities -watch this space**
- SERMONS OF 2017 are now on a new page!!!
- Fryerns Baptist Church featured in Evangelical Times -Link Here.
- Are you curious about Christianity?
Fryerns Baptist church now runs Christianity Explored – an informal discussion group meeting – come along and join in or ask questions. Further details can be got on Sunday mornings after the 11am service.
- Youth group meetings -For over 11 year olds. Meetings take place twice a month on Fridays. New youngsters are welcome! (Get details from church on Sundays) –>Sunday school page!
- Fryerns Baptist Church is committed to supporting parents and families. We are committed to the nurturing, protection and safeguarding of children and young people. (A copy of our full policy can be seen at the church office)
- Latest Missions news and updates.
- Ever wondered what the artwork or mural at the entrance of Fryerns Baptist Church depicts?
- Million dollar question: Are you a good person? Have look at the video below to see how good you really are.
- We are on Facebook! Click link below.
Data protection notice: Fryerns Baptist Church complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. A copy of our full policy is available on request at the premises.